I went to check on the price of the machines and asked Tim if he and Marshall were going to get out of the car - cuz I was going to leave my purse in the car if they didn't go out.
I wasn't gone 5 minutes!!! Come back to the car and Tim asked me if I had my keys. Keys? No - I left my purse in the car -- WHY? (Dumb question --- I could see them looking at the inside of the car and checking the windows!!)
Yup - keys locked in the car.
They have more shopping plazas around here - maybe for earthquake reasons -- each store as a way out. ANYWAY - we all go to stores trying to find a coat hanger. In the process I found
- a cute "hole in the wall" hamburger place - looked like a cafe in the 50's - you sit on a stool and watch the cook behind the counter.
- There's a nice Hispanic stylist who didn't have a hanger, but felt sorry for me
- and then I went into this corner restaurant. It was a shish-kabob place and the people were from Afghanistan! He handed me some of his skewers, one didn't work --- but the other did. We were so happy ( this is about an hour into the breaking into the car and my getting ready to walk home to get keys....) afterwards we said, "We're eating there just to say thank you!" We had a great time and the rice was terrific!!! I'd never eaten Afghan food before - it was a treat and I know they knew WE WERE thankful for their help.
I didn't find a good laundry mat, but I didn't have to make lunch when we got home!
2 comments:
Becky,
Candy Muhme here...friend of your girls :)
Sorry about your keys...I've locked mine in the car twice...but that was my doing. I've looked through your blogs....Marshall is getting so big!!
Sounds like you are taking SF by storm right now. Enjoy big city life as the rest of us here in the burbs roll up our sidewalks at 5 :)
We are going to go visit Jen tomorrow for her last day here. Have a great weekend!
Becky,
Candy Muhme again,
Spent the afternoon with Jen, cleaning apartment.
Love to have you visit my blog. You and Jen inspired me to start one. Just think you are an inspiration :D.
muhmemusings.blogspot.com
Post a Comment