I wrote an e-mail to some of you concerning my friend, Marina. She's a firecracker! Her parents moved to Brazil from Italy. Marina was born in Brazil and 5 or 6 years ago came to live in the USA to be closer to her older sister.
I met Marina in the courtyard where we were
both walking our dogs. I couldn't place her accent--- after a few conversations I asked her where she was from. I almost cried when she said Brazil. We talked in Portuguese a long time that day!!!
I went to San Francisco to see her sworn in as an American citizen and recently, I've tried helping her get a different job.
Her sister couldn't be here on Marina's birthday so I decided to be festive. I told her I'd make a meal for her---including a cake. We had so much fun!!! She'd never had balloons for her birthday!!!
Pray that she'd get a job among other things. Pray for me as I try to help her too.
No comments:
Post a Comment