Friday, August 22, 2008

Elma is slowly improving

Well- it's been a while since my last post, but I'm entering it in the same location: the Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne. There were a few scary days early last week, but that is behind us now. Elma is improving, but it's happening slowly. Right now, Marshall and I have been staying at Elma's apartment, coming to the hospital 1 or 2 times per day.

Marshall has seen a lot this summer, but it's the fun stuff that he's remembering, which I'm thankful. We've begun homeschooling ( a first for him and for myself), and he's talked more about school to his dad in 3 days than he did all of last year!!! I'm teaching him piano, since there's a keyboard at Grandma's. He's having fun. Our days are filled with sitting at the computer (though no internet at Grandma's) doing school, coming to the hospital, and going home and crashing!!! Maybe Uncle Tom will take Marshall fishing before we head back to California.

Thank you for praying for us!!! We're going to make it. I'm thinking of heading back to Walnut Creek by mid-September unless something drastic happens with Elma. That will give her 2 weeks in short-term nursing, and then I would be home with her for a week before we head out. Hopefully, I'll be someplace where I can download pictures so you can see the girls and Marshall and I in Indy!!!

Thanks again!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Becky,
You are so so busy. I pray that the Lord gives you strength and an extra dose of love for all you are doing. Yes I want to see the pics of all of you in Jen's apt. It's sounds like y'all had a blast!