I don't know where to begin---
The last time I wrote I was in Minnesota - sparatically working at the computer when I could go to the internet cafe of the library. So much has happened since then.
I'll just bullet - it's the easiest
-Got things ready in Mom's house for an estate sale. So difficult! Good memories --- Bad memories --- just plaine stress! The only thing that we three Makinen girls would say was "at least Mom's not dead that would make this worse!"
- Three days of the estate sale. It was difficult seeing 2 lives of Depression Era people's things just fly away having been sold. Mom had Dad did save and were very careful on how they spent there money. Dad would think and rethink on how he could recycle things so that it could still be used.
-Friday Linda, Diana, Marshall and I went to the nursing home to see Mom. Marshall did the "Chicken Dance" for Mom so that she would smile for the camera. We took a lot of photos and laughed.
-Saturday, I went with Linda once again to see Mom. I sang "Hee Haw" songs and Mom laughed some more. Linda said, "When I'm in the nursing home will you come and visit me to make me laugh?"
-Linda left for Michigan on Sunday.
- Monday and Tuesday I got photos ready for a distant relative to come and scan things for a geneology book that she is writing on my grandma's side of the family.
-July 23rd I had enough of getting pictures together and just working on stuff. "Marshall, let's go and have some fun."
-We only drove 20 miles and just goofed off - not spending much, but having fun.
-We weren't home 15 minutes when my niece, Tracey called, "The nursing home called saying that there was a problem with Grandma. Mom already took off. You better go to Frazee!" I had borrowed Diana' car so off I went with Marshall.
-Diana arrived at the care center just a few moments after Mom died. Linda called me as I was driving and told me that Mom had died.
-We three sat with Mom while we waiting for the mortitician-- quiet.
-As we drove back to Perham to Diana's house Marshall just wept. His little heart ached for a grandparent. "Now I only have 1 grandma left!" We hadn't been able to visit Mom a lot in the last years - so what memories he had of Mom were good ones. Praise GOD on that one.
-I stayed overnight at Diana's then on Thursday we were off again. Went to the care center to get Mom's belongingins. Went to Park Rapids to get the CD of Mom's funeral final arrangements then off to the funeral home to make arrangements. We spent 4 hours there! All Marshall had as he waiting was a bit of candy and a book. He was so good and read a lot! The funeral director was so nice. Marshall was with us when we went to look at caskets and pick out the vault. It's because of Marshall, that there is a cross on the cover of the vault. The director said, "Since you're so accepting --- would you like to see your mother?" So we went into the prep room and looked at Mom on the narrow table. Finally we were finished and was able to go home.
-I took a long shower --- I'd been in those clothes well over 24 hours!
-I got pictures together for a display of Mom's life. (Id just straightened those photos --- now I was messing them up again!!!)
-Tim came to MN on Saturday. After more than a month, it was good to see him again!!!
- Mom's funeral was on Monday - it went well.
-We've already met with the prospective new owners of Mom's home. The documents are in process for the sale. They are a cute young family. Her grandma used to live accross the street!!!
-Yesterday I arrived in Fort Wayne and am writing this at the hospital waiting room as Mom Elma is having open heart surgery.
All I can say is "What a month!" It's been stressful but it went smoothly considering all that has happened. Marshall has grown up so much! Seeing death of a loved one to sitting in an lawyer's office!
If you felt like praying for me this past month - now you know why.
I'll be here in Fort Wayne for a while - don't know exactly how long. I still don't know what is happening concerning a transfer for Tim or anything. Will write more later - the nurse is coming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment