Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!






Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! We've had a fun morning.

While the rolls were raising, I started arranging the string. It took me a while before I realized that the dog was laying on the sofa. No problem, except --- the poor guy would have to go outside before we untangled the string!!!! I must have taken me 15 minutes to gently walk the dog over and under yarn to make it to the door so I could go walk him!!! What a hoot! Afterwards, I walked him to the hallway where he could go into our bedroom or Marshall's. I went back to the kitchen to check on things --- I heard a whine from Remi --- he wanted to be close to the action!!! After a while I went to the living room and there was Remi, waiting patiently for me in the hallway!!!

It took Tim a while to make it to the kitchen to get his coffee --- that's what makes it so much fun --- to hear the gentle complaining of everyone else!!!! Tim and I talked a bit and then there was Marshall coming in --- "Wow --- how'd you guys do this?" Tim said, "I didn't do any of this --- it was all your mother."

Marshall developed his act of rolling yarn ---after a few drops and Marshall as self proclaimed "Butterfingers", he said, "Now I know why Uncle Richard doesn't like this game."

Usually (when we have 16 or more in the house) I write name tags and place that on the yarn. I didn't this year since there was just three of us --- I should have. With everything going on - I forgot what color was whose!!! It make it really fun --- cuz by the time Marshall got close to his, I knew that I have every one's string wrong and no one knew which package was there's!!!

After we settled down we sat at the table and read parts of Isaiah, Matthew and Luke, as each one read, we lit our candle from the center representing Christ. That always is a special time when we can focus on the reason for celebrating this day.

The cinnamon roll and coffee went down easy --- and soon we were on to the packages under the tree. If you've noticed, our tree is small, but with it up on a half wall and our half table beside it --- it's worked our great for Christmas. We took our time unwrapping, each one admiring their gift before the next one opened. When you have three --- it doesn't take so long.

Now both Tim and Marshall are enjoying their gifts and I and writing to you. I think we'll head for the theater before too long!

We're going to wait until tonight when Jen gets to Dawn's apartment in Hillsdale before opening presents via cell phone. Should be cute.

Love you all ----

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Candy said...

Becky, We were able to stop in and see Jen on New Years Day. What a joy is was to see her.
I always wish the Christmas season lasted a little longer....I'm not ready for the tree to come down or the good food bounty to stop. Oh well....Valentine's day is coming....aren't we lucky to have such wonderful hubbies?