These have been busy days. That's good - I'm not complaining. We had 2 weeks off for Christmas break, then began again with home school. Marshall has his assignments to do - Tim walks to work and I take off for a few hours a couple days a week working as a chaplain. Things are going so well - I'm having a riot. We really like Texas and the Texans - so friendly.
Marketplace Ministries began again too - at a much bigger level than in CA.
Tim is very happy at his job - I'm glad for that. One thing about living where he works is he doesn't have to drive! His work team is just that --- a team. We all need to work on learning Spanish though-- but through the broken languages - Tim and his team mates get across what needs to be done. Life is going to be getting interesting for Tim when the heat and humidity begins pouring in. No matter what the economy - Houstonians will always pay for their air conditioning- and air conditioners will need to be repaired.
I'm beginning to like apartment living - just watch the guys work on the landscape and know that will look nice. It's quiet here - most are singles working downtown. The parking lot is bare during the day.
We've found a really good little church where we can get to know people and begin to serve. Marshall has a great group of teens to hang out with - what a joy to know he likes going to church. He likes the pastor's preaching too, ha. That really makes it nice.
Well- that's about it. Each week brings new challenges - but that happens everywhere.
Happy Sunday to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Becky,
You do stay busy...what with homeschooling, chaplain duties, I'm sure your getting involved in your church.....wife/mother responsibilities that never end. I'm so happy that Tim "enjoys" his job...that is so important. May the Lord bless your family abundantly!!!!!
Hey Aunt Becky, I am glad to hear you guys are doing very well. We miss you guys and think of you often. We are getting ready to pack up and move back to the midwest...so sad but happy at the same time. Tell Uncle Tim and Marshal hi and we love them too. talk to you later.
Post a Comment