Thursday, May 22, 2008

Walking to Walgreen's & praying for FIREFIGHTERS!

I decided to walk to Walgreen's to refill our computer ink cartridges. (With gas at $4.05 today--- that was an easy decision)

The wind is really blowing. Small tree debris is flying all over - looks like the tumbleweeds from a Western movie. The wind is from the north. As I walked - I prayed for the firefighters dealing with the Summit fire in Santa Clara. That's south of us and north of Carmel.

As I watched the TV this morning, looking at live footage --- I was amazed to watch how quickly the fire flew up the mountain and exploded cars and structures. I watched the planes dropping water to help save the houses. These mountains are so dry--- we haven't had a good rain since March. Everything is brown and ripe for a fire.

It's so sad - now I'm watching people evacuating with their things gathered in their hands and loading cars -- People even have goats in trailers. Right now the count is 10 structures lost and 25000 acres burned. If you are interested in more information log onto www.abc7.com. They are calling this the Santa Cruz wildfire.

Life is a vapor - life can change in a second! Watching this --- I'm praying for people whose lives will be different tonight --- praying that God would comfort and somehow use this for His glory.

1 comment:

Candy said...

Becky,
We've been doing a lot of walking too. We have a library that is 8-10 blocks down the road. We used to drive it, but now we pack the baby in the stroller and we all walk it. We have been enjoying the excercise.

Hope you are well,
Candy