Thursday, May 29, 2008

Report on the fire

Listened to the news last night and the report on the Santa Cruz fire is:
-100% contained, though there are still 2600 firefighters working.
-12 firefighters have had minor injuries
-4,270 acres burned
-36 homes burned
-18 outbuildings burned
-$11.2 million is the estimated cost of fighting the fire.

I guess $4.07 per gallon of gas is cheap --- now it's $4.18!

I think I'll buy a horse!

2 comments:

Candy said...

Becky,
I'd love to see you riding up and down the streets on a horse. You might find that you're not the only one deciding to take such measures. Keep a lookout for hitching posts at your local grocery store. Will Tim build you a stall for your horse? Hopefully the price of oats and hay aren't too high. :) Love your blog....so sorry to hear about the loss of all those homes...those poor people.

ME Wires said...

Thanks, Becky, for reading my blog. I wish I could stop the merry-go-round. I hope it won't stop short some day and I'm still going through the air. Oh well, trusting in God's care and keeping, but I know I have to do my part.
Yes the grandbaby is so precious.
Take care
ME