Well, not me.
Maybe I have too much time on my hands still not having a job, or maybe I'm taking this nesting thing too seriously, but --- I was very unhappy with the arrangement.
"Tim, we have to take down the table tonight."
"What! Where will we eat?!"
"We can use the coffee table and if we have soup, we'll sit on the floor and pretend we're Japanese." I said.
I could tell (aren't I observant?) that Tim didn't like the suggestion, so I stewed on the problem for a while.
I woke up with the hair brained idea of taking the chair out of the living room and putting it in the bedroom. Sounds easy doesn't it? Not so in a tight apartment. You see, there is less than 6" of walking space between our dining table and the sofa arm. Just how are you to get a chair through that!?
I think I'm going to buy myself a Rubik's cube, because I solved the puzzle!
- Move the coffee table as close to the entertainment cabinet as possible
- Skooch the leather chair over a bit
- Angle the sofa out a tad
- Muscle the green chair over to the sofa
- Slide the blue chair back
- Take a deep breath and hoist the green chair back so the back of the chair is down on the sofa and bottom of the chair is leaning on the back of the sofa.
- Slither through the small space between the table and the sofa
- Grab hold of the chair and gently ease it down on the floor, so you don't make the man in the apartment downstairs bang on his ceiling because you bumped on YOUR floor!
- Breathe out slowly --- made it.
I waltzed with a chair! I just might register for "Dancing with the Stars"!
1 comment:
that's hilarious! glad it all worked out :)
Post a Comment