Sunday, February 3, 2008

One Pround MOM


The other night was Marshall's science fair. Oh--- I hate those projects - I'm not into science.


Well- Marshall himself chose how smoking harms your lungs. We arranged the backboard like we did last year in Jenison. (I got a plastic tablecloth from the dollar store) He researched and we finally came up with an experiment using a ketchup bottle, facial tissue and a cigarette.




(That was the first and last pack I want to buy!!!) The experiment worked great. We all gagged at the smell and were interested to see the tar collecting on the tissue just after 2 cigarettes---

Here Marshall is talking with a Mom about the effects of smoking on the lungs.


She said, "Maybe your project will help some kids here tonight keep from smoking - just because of seeing your project and experiment."























Marshall had fun talking to the girls too. They couldn't get over how gross it was. That "smoking machine" really had a bad odor!

















Finally, the science teacher came by for Marshall's presentation. Marshall was excited because so many people were interest in the exhibit.


They talked about all of the poisens in a cigarette. Then Marshall asked the teacher if he wanted to see the experiment. So, Marshall placed a cigarette in the "smoking machine" and out in the rain we all went for a
"smoke".


The bottle quickly filled with the smoke and other kids came out to watch just how dark the tissue would
get.

If you see the teacher's and Marshall's hair with speckles on it --- it's the rain!!! After they came in and the teacher placed a ribbon on the board, he said, "We're going to be doing that experiment in class! " You should have seen Marshall beam

After the presentation was over here are the guys - Marshall, Nevan, Mark, and Alexis. Crazy guys having fun! I'm glad it's done. We had one pround son, and a couple of proud parents!!!























4 comments:

Candy said...

Way to go Marshall!
I hope that deters some kids from smoking...what a nasty/unhealthy habit. I used to cringe when I taught school and would hug kids who obviously lived in "smoker's" houses, because their hair and clothes reaked. I hated the thought of them breathing the second hand smoke when they were at home.
May you have a blessed day :)

Kim said...

Great job, Marshall!

Does a mom proud, huh, Becky? :o)

Hilary said...

Wow, good for you Marshall!

Jennifer said...

hey kiddo, i know this is late, but i'm catching up! :) i'm so proud of you - that's a great project!!! i work with a bunch of people who smoke and i wish they could see your experiment! GREAT JOB! :)

love & miss you!
jen